The weather has finally cooled off and the holidays have passed, so our minds turn to… outdoor projects for Meeting. There are many things that we would like to work on around the property, and while it may not be possible to get to them all, we thought it would be good to put together a wish list.
If you’d like to participate in any of these activities, or if you’re interested in taking responsibility for one of the projects on your own or as a leader, please talk to anyone on the Property Committee - Peter Schmidt, Chris Hugues, Karen Putney, or Lou Putney. Most of these projects simply require someone or a group of folks to spend the time to do them, so if you’re available during the week or on the weekend and you could put some time in towards these projects, we’d love to see some progress on them. Here’s the wish list:
- Weed - Especially around the rear half of the property
- Trim the palms around the property.
- Continue to clear the left side of the front property along the fence.
- Reestablish the edge on the rear bedline.
- Rebury the irrigation lines.
- Install an electric line from the front building to the sign for lighting.
- Install lighting for the sign.
- Reposition the awning.
- Install lattice around the base of the back deck.
- Paint the lattice after it is installed around the deck.
- Powerwash the side property walls, front deck, and sidewalk.
- Paint one of the side concrete walls with the War Is Not The Answer sign from FCNL.
- Paint the front door and trim of the worship space.
- Repaint the back wall of the front building.
- Complete/re-work the path from the front handicapped parking area to the deck stairs.
- Place pavers by the gate to next door.
- Place pavers in the parking area to the deck steps.
- Add a paver pad for the trash cans by the front fence.
- Add pavers around the sign to cut down on dirt and debris against the sign.
These are all outside tasks, so we have a limited time to work on them before it gets hot again, so we hope you can help us start and complete some of these projects. In future newsletters we’ll discuss Inside projects.